Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 9 Famous Last Words

So my last Famous Last Words ended with me wanting to curl up and weep right? Well, things turned out for the better when I found out one of my papers that I thought was due last Thursday was changed to where it was due Tuesday instead. This left me more time to study for the mid-term I took Wednesday, so as a result I think I did fairly well, although the test was harder than I thought it would be. I still had to rush Friday to get the majority of the paper proposal and annotated bibliography done before I left for Latham Springs, Texas for a College age Christian Conference that would leave me pretty much without internet access from Friday evening until Sunday evening. Still I got it done, and was able to enjoy my weekend without having to worry about school at all. Thank you, Lord!

The conference I was at was great. I've been to around ten of them since I first started college and have never regretted going. Every conference  has benefited me spiritually, and you get to spend a lot of time with your fellow club members, not to mention see and meet members from the Christians on Campus clubs in universities all over the Midwest area and sometimes beyond. It’s a really rich and enjoyable experience. I’ll post a youtube video that shows a little bit of what it’s like for those who might be curious:


Video is from College-Conference.org (there's me in green with the goofy grin at :26!)

I feel pretty tired from having such a busy weekend, and I’ve still got a paper that I have to get written today, but I’ve been writing so much over the years I have spent in college that it’s come to the point that the prospect of writing a paper in less than a day no longer intimidates me. Onward I go!

Penguins! (Wikipedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment