Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 10 Famous Last Words

Agh, my back! That's pretty much been the theme for this previous weekend. Ever since my Thursday morning commute to Norman for classes my lower back has been aching a lot. My Capstone basically has me bent over a book the entire period listening to the professor lecture, so my back was complaining particularly loudly during that time. It was off and on at first, but now it's present and not going away. I must have injured it some way or another, but I don't really know how. All I know is that it is making it extremely hard to concentrate fully on getting my assignments done for this class.

The goods news is that the semester has slowed down since midterm time and now pretty much the rest of the semester has me doing smaller assignment for my two online classes while working steadily on longer-term projects that will be due at the end of the semester for my other two classes. In other words I have a ton more flexibility in my schedule and won't have to worry about being pressured by papers until near the end of this semester. Consoled by this fact, I pretty much took it easy this weekend, but my ailing back has prevented it from being as relaxing a weekend as it could have been. At this rate I'm probably going to have to take some pain medicine just so I can sit through my classes tomorrow without squirming in pain.

It looks like we're heading toward the European mythology unit next, which has me excited since I've been looking forward to reading some more Arthurian stuff. The last two storytelling weeks I've felt a bit starved for inspiration, so I'm hoping that delving into one of my favorite mythological worlds will properly stoke the fires of my imagination and allow me to write something really good for Wednesday.

Penguins! (Wikipedia Commons)

1 comment:

  1. I hope your back has improved since you wrote this. Last week, I ended up straining my neck while working out my trapezius at the gym. As I am writing this comment, it's the first time I have noticed in which I can roll my head around without finding that crick. I consider it a reminder that I should take care of myself, and I hope you do the same without overworking yourself!

    ReplyDelete