Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week 8: Famous Last Words

So this week has been the calm before the storm that will be my week 9. My weekend was awesome but woefully unproductive considering how much I've got on my plate for this new week. On Friday I played basketball with my friends at the nearly empty Huff and then ate out at Louie's with a few of them. I watched the game at a friend's house the next day. I took naps and laid idly on the couch often. I  I barely did anything that resembled work, and for that I feel myself becoming rapidly regretful. 

Here's my laundry list for the week: I’ve got my work for this class and my usual reading for my capstone. I've got a midterm in my Sports Management class Wednesday that I have yet to study for. I have a paper over a historical fiction book called Fire and Beulah due on Thursday that I have not started.  I haven't even so much as picked out which prompt I want to address from the list I was given! I have a research paper proposal and annotated bibliography due a week from today and I haven't even decided what my research topic is yet. There's an upcoming Christians on Campus trip to a camp in Texas next weekend that will ensure that I have no access to the internet from Friday afternoon all the way until Sunday evening, so last minute research is out, meaning I'll have to find a way to figure out a topic and gather sources between cram and paper-writing sessions. Oh yeah, and I've got a quiz on Thursday over two-hundred pages worth of reading from a book I don't even have yet. 

These are the moments that define a person, right? Right? Excuse me while I curl up in the fetal position on my bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment