Saturday, November 1, 2014

Week 11 Famous Last Words

My lower back was aching all throughout last week and I had to slog through several classes while enduring the nagging pain. To my great relief, a combination of icing and the occasional ibuprofen has led to me feeling quite a bit better today. Sitting around for longer than an hour does still result in some pain in my tailbone, but the pain is pretty tolerable and not as bad as it was a few days ago. It’s amazing how a hurt back pretty much puts a damper on anything you do throughout a day. I’m certainly glad that whatever injury I sustained has healed, and hopefully my back remains healthy throughout the rest of the semester, because sitting through classes in pain is no way to live!

In other news, it's so nice to not be hounded by papers and long reading assignments anymore! Of course I've still have to worry about doing research for a big paper due at the end of the semester, but research is a less stressful process than having to write an essay or read a big chunk of something for class. I've nevertheless been pretty lax in getting around to actually doing my research unfortunately, and I hope to remedy that by Sunday or Monday. In addition, I want to see if I can't use the greater amount of time I have available to work ahead in this class. I've already read the Welsh Fairy Book unit for Week 12 and plan to finish up this week's work in addition to doing the reading diary for that unit. I also think I've come up with a good idea for Week 12 storytelling that I can hopefully put on paper before Tuesday comes around. The end of the semester is not too far off, so here’s to hoping I don’t slack off too much during this slow work period!

Penguins! (Wikipedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment